Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Security Level 'Hierarchy'
Security Level 'Hierarchy' [message #244303] Tue, 12 June 2007 05:21 Go to next message
chanduapps
Security Level 'Hierarchy'

Hello,
If I use a security level 'Hierarchy' then it means that the document Owner,subsequent approvers,and the people who are in the security Hierarchy(which is given in the control option in Purchasing options) would be able to access the Document.
Now I have a scenario where I have two departments and each department doesnt want its documents to be visible to the other.

So how can I implement this using the Document Security feature.

Thanks
JayaChandra
icon3.gif  Re: Security Level 'Hierarchy' [message #244661 is a reply to message #244303] Wed, 13 June 2007 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arun1203

Hi Jaya Chandra,

To acheive your functionality the process is as follows:

As you said you have two departments ,you have to create one position heirarchie for each department by following the below navigation

Purchasing Super User-->Setup-->Personnel-->Position Heirarchy

After creating the respective position heirarchies for each department allow users to select the heirarchy which belongs to their department by which you can prevent the users of one department to view the purchase orders of another department.

If this solution cant meet your requirement then please post it so that we can come with another solution.

Best Regards & Thanks,
Arun Reddy
Cool

Re: Security Level 'Hierarchy' [message #245218 is a reply to message #244661] Fri, 15 June 2007 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chanduapps
Hello Arun,
Thanks for your response.

If we implement as the way you suggested,then each time a department creates a document they have to manually go and change the hierarchy.likewise if the other department creates a document then they have to do this... Smile)
but is there a way that we can avoid user intervention?.

Thanks for your help

JayaChandra
icon3.gif  Re: Security Level 'Hierarchy' [message #245695 is a reply to message #245218] Mon, 18 June 2007 09:38 Go to previous message
Arun1203

Hi JayaChandra

I dont think we have any other work around for this.

Anyway let us wait for the respective members to comment on this if at all they have any solution.

Best Regards & Thanks,
Arun Reddy Cool
Previous Topic: Order Modification .
Next Topic: Roll Back Data Deleted by Concurrent Manager
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 02:02:25 CDT 2024