Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » DFF
DFF [message #250765] Wed, 11 July 2007 04:23 Go to next message
discoverer
Hi All,
Is it possible to make the DFFs (Descriptive FlexFields) read-only,i.e., once values are entered into the DFF,the user should be able to query the DFF,but should not be able to change it (It should be read-only) from the front end.
If it is possible, please do explain the process to be followed.

Thanks & Regards
Re: DFF [message #254810 is a reply to message #250765] Sat, 28 July 2007 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rico.zhao

hi,
Suppose you want to control security by user group, if so you can use the function security feature Oracle provides in system administrator resp.
If not, only the GL posted journal's DFF is read-only I remember.

Best Regards,
-------------------------------
Rico
Financial Functional Consultant
Shanghai,China
Re: DFF [message #260352 is a reply to message #250765] Sat, 18 August 2007 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tvikramsingh
Hi,

In case you are on 11.5.10 you may use form personalizations to achieve this. Otherwise I don't think there is any other way. Let me know if your still inclined to know the solution before I post it on this forum.

Regards,
- Vikram
Re: DFF [message #260595 is a reply to message #260352] Mon, 20 August 2007 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dhruva
Vikram,

It would be really nice if you can share with all of us.

Regards..
Re: DFF [message #262515 is a reply to message #260352] Mon, 27 August 2007 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rico.zhao

Hi, Vikram,
Could you pls elaborate the form personalization in more details?

Thanks,

Re: DFF [message #262526 is a reply to message #250765] Mon, 27 August 2007 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B.T.S.Ananth

Dear Vikram,

I dont think you can persoonalize the DFF.
By help > Diagnostic > Custom code > Personalize.
will not work for DFF.

If you find any other solution please let me know

Regards,
B.T.S.Ananth
Re: DFF [message #268333 is a reply to message #262526] Tue, 18 September 2007 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shakti_goyal

Mr. Ananth,
I have a question related to dff.
can we used an existing registered dff, which is already used in Standard Oracle Form,in a new developed form for Oracle Aplications. or i have to registered a new dff to use a dff on my form..

Thanks in advance
regards
Shakti Goyal
mail :: shaktijassos@yahoo.co.in
Re: DFF [message #268356 is a reply to message #250765] Tue, 18 September 2007 05:42 Go to previous message
tvikramsingh
Hi Everyone,

First of all sorry for the late reply. I had a go-live deadline on 17th.

Secondly, Ananth is correct in pointing out that personalizations won't work for DFF. This is because personalizations work for only those fields that are on the canvas of the form while creating it and KFF/DFF segments are created by implementers to map the processes.

However, there is a work around for this. You can disable the DFF itself in case data is entered in any of the segments. This way users would not be able to launch the DFF form itself if data already exists in the segments.

Regards,
- Vikram
Previous Topic: Should we use Public Sector Budgeting??
Next Topic: Running Reports automatically at time intervals
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 15:53:24 CDT 2024