Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » How do I change a text field into LOV using Personalization?  () 1 Vote
How do I change a text field into LOV using Personalization? [message #251155] Thu, 12 July 2007 09:38 Go to next message
MrDuke
Hello. I hope someone can help.

Having trawled through the Personalisation / Personalization docs and read the forums I’ve had to post my query up here.

I need to add a LOV to the Suppliers Form (Purchasing Module) so that users are forced to choose from a LOV (Category Codes).

As we cannot change the underlying form and with me realising it can’t be done the way described using Descriptive Flexfields, Personalisation / Personalization is the only route left.

I’ve found the ideal text field to insert the Category Codes into is the
po_vendors.STANDARD_INDUSTRY_CLASS so I now need to find out from you clever people how I change a text field to LOV in ORACLE Financials. The only other relevant posting I found created the LOV using in JDeveloper before adding it which I don’t know how to do..

Many thanks for your time..

Steven
11.5.10.2 on 10g on Solaris.
Re: How do I change a text field into LOV using Personalization? [message #265656 is a reply to message #251155] Thu, 06 September 2007 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uskoth
Hi,

I have the same requirement. have you found a solution to this? Any insight is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Usha

Re: How do I change a text field into LOV using Personalization? [message #265720 is a reply to message #265656] Fri, 07 September 2007 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrDuke
Usha,

I solved the problem by reverting back to using a Descriptive Flexfield which I found to be the most suitable, simple and easily maintainable method.
The category codes (ListOfVals) are stored in a newly created table ‘SU_CATEGORY_CODES’.
This table is then referred to in a new Value Set created which in turn is referred to in a new entry of the Descriptive Flexfield Segment for the relevant application all done in Systems Administrator of ORACLE Financials 11.5.10.

I hope this makes some sense.

regards

Steven
Re: How do I change a text field into LOV using Personalization? [message #265875 is a reply to message #251155] Fri, 07 September 2007 13:29 Go to previous message
uskoth
Steven,

That's a good idea. I probably would take the same route. Thanks for responding quickly.

Thanks.
Usha
Previous Topic: Regarding Profile Options and Custom Responsibility Configuration
Next Topic: IPV&PPV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 17:47:16 CDT 2024