Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » ONLY FUNCTIONAL COSULTANTS (hopefull)
ONLY FUNCTIONAL COSULTANTS (hopefull) [message #251821] Mon, 16 July 2007 15:50 Go to next message
cheekoo
Whats the issue with Functional Consultants.

why dont they help each other go through the process. I say there should be a forum branch dediated to functional guys.

Its so confusing. I am trying to make sense here but every step makes me more confuse.

RD20
MD50
BR100
BR10
BP80
TE40
CRP

All of this is so confusing. CAN ANY ONE HELP ?

Please do not cut/paste from AIM guide ... we can read it ourselves. share some personal experience.
Re: ONLY FUNCTIONAL COSULTANTS (hopefull) [message #251971 is a reply to message #251821] Tue, 17 July 2007 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Hi,

What information you are trying to get here?
Can you elaborate more on this?

It will be helpful to a guy who is trying to share his experiance if you write in your expectations.

Regards
Prashant Pathak
Re: ONLY FUNCTIONAL COSULTANTS (hopefull) [message #252057 is a reply to message #251971] Tue, 17 July 2007 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheekoo
ok .... I am new in this. I have taken extensive training in Oracle Financials. Studied A LOT about the application. Want to be a Functional Consultant. Since I dont have "experience" there is no way I can "GET experience". There is no chance for me to get the opportunity because this situation.

In ANY CASE, I need to get a job to support myself and family in everypossible way "without hurting anyone else". Searched so many forums but functional people are no help to new guys like myself.

A friend sent me a few documents which he produced / acquired during his last apps project. He is a Functional Consultant trying to help me.

Whatever time he got to explain how FUNCTIONAL guys get job done, I captured the following. Please show as how does the story goes in a typical project.

• CR-10 Developed a project Plan
• AS-IS analysis
• RD-20 RD.020 - Conduct Current Business Baseline
• BP-80 BP.080 - Develop Future Process Model
FIRST DEVELOPMENT INSTANCE
• CSD- Customer Specification Document (CSD)
• BR-10 BR.010 - Analyze High-Level Gaps
• TE-40 TE.040 - Develop System Test Script
• CRP2 – Conference Room Pilot – POWER POINT PRESENTATION
• UAT – sign-off User Acceptance Test
• BR-100 BR.100 - Define Application Setups
PRODUCTION INSTANCE
• User Authorization Document
• Developed end-user document.
• Develop Training Material
• Deliver end-user training.
GO LIVE

icon3.gif  Re: ONLY FUNCTIONAL COSULTANTS (hopefull) [message #253496 is a reply to message #252057] Tue, 24 July 2007 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arun1203

Hi,

I have implemented Oracle Purchasing and Inventory as Techno Functional Consultant.

I want to share some of my experiences with you.

The process which we followed was as follows:

1.Prepared As-Is Document.
This document contains in detail about the business flow which they are currently doing manually.

2. Prepared Business Process Re-Engineering Document(BPR).

BPR contains some enhanced features of the current business functionality. In this document we have shown them how best they can do their business with system we are implementing.

3. Prepared Business Requirement Definition(BRD).

Once they approve the proposed BPR then we prepare BRD document which is the exact replica of what exactly our client needs.

4.Prepared Business Requirement Mapping and Gap Analaysis(BRM):

After BRD we have prepared BRM which shows how their business needs are done in Oracle Apps.
Mean while we did Gap Analaysis.
In our project we didnt had any Gap Analaysis.

5. Once BRM is approved we did setups on test instance and then tested thorougly.

6. Then we have prepared end user manuals and given end user training.

7.After end user tested we have gone live.

These were the steps in brief which we have followed.
I didnt elaborated each step in detail but still if you have any queries you can post in the forum.
What ever I know I can share with you.

Best Regards & Thanks,
Arun Reddy,
arunapps@gmail.com
---------
Oracle Apps Techno Functional Consultant
Cool
Re: ONLY FUNCTIONAL COSULTANTS (hopefull) [message #253581 is a reply to message #251821] Tue, 24 July 2007 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manojr
Hi,

going through your point that Functional Consultants does not help. Firstly its wrong conclusion. I am using this Forum from past 2 years and I get the feedback for queries I put.

Let me introduce myself, I am working as Oracle Apps Functional Consultant from past 4 years, I have completed 2 Full Life Cycle Implementations (including one Roll Out) and currently working on Support Project.

Firstly the Implementation Methodology used by Co's differs from company to company and client to client.
e.g. if client is in service industry methodology might differ as against for client in Manfg Industry.
more over it depends on scope of Project which is generally prepared at the time of Negotiations (Scope of Work).
It depends on Costing of Project too, if its a Fixed price project then method might differ as against for Resource Based Project.

But Few Steps are generally standard.like arun has mentioned

Feel free if you need any information.

Regards

Manoj
Re: ONLY FUNCTIONAL COSULTANTS (hopefull) [message #255849 is a reply to message #253581] Thu, 02 August 2007 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srinum_mba
hi manoj
i m srinivas , sincerely working to have a breakthrough in oracle apps financials?
its good see ur last message mentioning ur valuable words.

can u share me some of issues we face in financial modules especially in AP?
& what do u mean by tickets?
thank u
Re: ONLY FUNCTIONAL COSULTANTS (hopefull) [message #255934 is a reply to message #255849] Thu, 02 August 2007 07:49 Go to previous message
manojr
Hi Srinum,

Sorry for replying you bit late as I was travelling and on the clientsite, unable to access Orafaq.

whatever question you have regarding financial modules you can ask me, you can mail me on manoj_ralegankar@mail.com

As far as "Ticket" is concerned its again a terminology used by different clients depending on the nature of business of client.
for e.g. in P2P cycle you might have heard requistion-PO-Receipt- inspection-Invoice is cycle, where in client might use word Indent for requistion, GRN (Goods Receipt Note) for receipt of goods, and so on.

If any interviewer asks you about Ticket you can cross question him as in what context, because again he might have picked up this word from some client, as ticket raise kiya hai. (using hindi for better understanding.
In general ticket is raised only once goods are received and quality inspection of goods is done, the interviewer who has asked this question must be working for client in Automobile Industry.(this is my guess)

Regards

Manoj
Previous Topic: Information about fnd_cp_sql_requests Table?
Next Topic: issues in paybles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 15:39:29 CDT 2024