Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » create a value set that depends on another
create a value set that depends on another [message #254314] Thu, 26 July 2007 07:17 Go to next message
Abeer30
hello,

I am registering a report in oracle apps. I need to bind a subinventory parameter to the organization parameter in a report. Subinventory parameter list of values will depend only on the choice of the oganization from the list of values of the parameter. Both parameters i have created with validation type: table.

How can I do this?

Please help...
Re: create a value set that depends on another [message #254423 is a reply to message #254314] Thu, 26 July 2007 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This will probably NOT be very helpful as I don't know Oracle Apps, so there's possibility that it is, actually, possible there. However, let me say a word or two about the issue.

As you already know, Reports Builder doesn't allow you to reference one parameter's value upon the other. That's why we created our own "parameter form" form (using the Forms Developer). It will require you to create at least two additional tables (one to store reports and its "detail" table - reports' parameters. The form is based on those tables.

List of values, if necessary, can be "linked" to another parameter.

Finally, there's a push button which runs the report (and passes those parameters to it).

I hope I correctly understood what is bothering you, but - once again - I'm not sure it will help in any way.
Re: create a value set that depends on another [message #254841 is a reply to message #254423] Sun, 29 July 2007 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abeer30
hello,

i'm sorry but i think u misunderstood me.

i have 2 separate parameters
1. org
2. subinventory

each has it own set of values.

parameter 2 lov must depend on the choice of parameter one consider it as a 2 level forest.

each parameter will need to be be created using a separate value set in oracle apps. but how can i make subinventory parameter depends on parameter org?

how can i do this with oracle apps?
Re: create a value set that depends on another [message #254842 is a reply to message #254841] Sun, 29 July 2007 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I, on the other hand, think that I understood what you need, but - as I've already said - I don't know Oracle Apps.

I think that this are lists of values you are talking about:

First LoV:
SELECT org_id, org_name 
FROM organizatioins 
ORDER BY org_name;

Second LoV refers to first LoV:
SELECT subinv_id, subinv_name
FROM subinventories
WHERE org_id = :org_ig    --> :org_id is selected in the first LoV
ORDER BY subinv_name;

But never mind me and our misunderstanding ... I'm sorry I couldn't help you with this issue.
Re: create a value set that depends on another [message #254996 is a reply to message #254314] Mon, 30 July 2007 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apps.suresh
Hi,
I think you can try independent and dependant value sets in apps.

rgds
Suri
Re: create a value set that depends on another [message #255235 is a reply to message #254996] Tue, 31 July 2007 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abeer30
hello,

if i did that how can i relate/bind the list of values of both parameters to database tables?

[Updated on: Tue, 31 July 2007 02:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: create a value set that depends on another [message #259361 is a reply to message #255235] Wed, 15 August 2007 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abeer30
I have put the folowing where clause in the subinventory value set where clause:
org_id = :$FLEX$.{ORG_VALUE_SET}

where i used ID table column for org_id and it finally worked
Re: create a value set that depends on another [message #259363 is a reply to message #255235] Wed, 15 August 2007 04:52 Go to previous message
vamsi kasina
You can have look at the Section 4 of the Oracle Applications Flexfields Guide
In the above case, if you are working with single org (org_id is null) and you want the second parameter to be enabled, then you can use $FLEX$.{ORG_VALUE_SET}:NULL

By
Vamsi
Previous Topic: Splitting asset in tax book
Next Topic: adjust capitalized asset original cost
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 17:10:02 CDT 2024