Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Dataload
Dataload [message #255391] Tue, 31 July 2007 11:50 Go to next message
Dokun
Help!!!

I'm struggling with using dataload to upload natural accounts segment values in Oracle GL (R11i).

It uploads into the right columns until it gets to segment qualifiers (i.e. YES.YES.EXPENSE.NO.NO)

The problem seems to be that it tries to load 'EXPENSE' as 'YES' which is not an option therefore it gets stuck.

I have tried a variety of options including leaving the column blank; trying yes & no; TAB. All to no avail.
Re: Dataload [message #255400 is a reply to message #255391] Tue, 31 July 2007 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Perhaps you could have put this message on the DataLoad Forum at http://www.dataload.net/forum/ but it doesn't matter.

Most of the problems with DataLoad are due to DataLoad sending data to the forms faster than the application can process it. This is easily resolved by clicking on the "Set Delays" icon (the hourglass) on the toolbar, then setting appropriate delays. The User Guide covers this here http://www.dataload.net/help/macro/delays.htm, and suggests that you try a value, then gradually reduce the delay, step by step, until you encounter errors, then go back to the last value that worked.

Cool HTH

David
Moderator - DataLoad Forum.
Re: Dataload [message #255532 is a reply to message #255400] Wed, 01 August 2007 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dokun
Thanks.

see you in dataload forum
icon5.gif  Re: Dataload [message #255629 is a reply to message #255532] Wed, 01 August 2007 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
You are more than welcome but .....

..... did the suggestion solve your problem Question

David.
Re: Dataload [message #255888 is a reply to message #255629] Thu, 02 August 2007 05:04 Go to previous message
Dokun
Hi David,

The problem (now resolved) was in my file setup. However your suggestion will become indispensable when I do a full upload. I am still testing.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: how to create parameter (lov) for - JUN-2007
Next Topic: HR: How to End-Date an External person?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 15:37:16 CDT 2024