Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle Reporter
Oracle Reporter [message #257292] Wed, 08 August 2007 00:57 Go to next message
tarmenel
Hi there,

I'm starting to work with XML Publisher and would like to know if anyone knows the method that Report Builder generates the XML that it passes to XML Publisher. I've created a procedure that can create XML but the problem comes when I have a query that I want to break into groups.

I've tried googling but unfortunately only come up with the GROUP BY and CREATE GROUP statements. I understand that I could do it with internal cursors but I'm trying to create something generic so I can use this to generate my XML for XML Publisher and not Report Builder. I'm also open to using java as I'm starting to learn more about how to use Java in the Application.

Hilton
Re: Oracle Reporter [message #257346 is a reply to message #257292] Wed, 08 August 2007 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Hilton,

Take a look at the DataTemplate feature in XML Publisher. It allows you to create XML files without using Oracle Reports.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Oracle Reporter [message #257430 is a reply to message #257346] Wed, 08 August 2007 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarmenel
Not sure what you mean by DataTemplate. As far as I'm aware this is where you load the file to give your layout. I'm interested in actually creating the data that this template will show.
Re: Oracle Reporter [message #257473 is a reply to message #257430] Wed, 08 August 2007 07:44 Go to previous message
adragnes
Check out Chapter 9 "Data Templates" in the XML Publisher User's Guide:
Quote:

The XML Publisher data engine enables you to rapidly generate any kind of XML data structure against any database in a scalable, efficient manner. The data template is the method by which you communicate your request for data to the data engine. It is an XML document whose elements collectively define how the data engine will process the template to generate the XML.

BTW: Most E-Business Suite manuals are freely available for download from OTN. Navigate to Documentation>Applications.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: kindly giv me how costing is applied for inventory
Next Topic: Interface Tables and APIs used in Conversions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 16:23:54 CDT 2024