Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Validation Procedures/DB LINK
Validation Procedures/DB LINK [message #257536] Wed, 08 August 2007 10:15 Go to next message
marco76
Hi all,
I am trying to create a validation procedure that reads data from an Oracle Clinical dataset and then makes modifications in another database.
I have managed to get the script to execute outside of OC in TOAD and it was successful.

This is in my Declaration code
type refcur is ref cursor;
sSql long;

CURSOR curPatients IS
Select  PT, S.NO_YES, S.VISIT 
from responsest
where S.NO_YES = 'Y' 
and S.VISIT is NOT NULL;

This is in my PRE-DETAILS:
PT_NUM := RXCPDSTD.PATIENTS_REC.PATIENT_POSITION_ID;

OPEN curPatients;

LOOP --on patient
		FETCH curPatients INTO pt_num, SCRN_FAIL, VISIT_FAIL;
        EXIT WHEN curPatients%NOTFOUND;

-- get app_id from imaging
		Select app_id 
		  into napp_id 
		  from application@crfprod 
		  where APP_LONG_DESC LIKE 'IMG001%';

END LOOP;--on patient

dbms_output.put_line( NAPP_ID);

It all compiles successfully, then it runs, but it does not update the other database. I cut out most of the details and stripped it down to something basic.

I set it up so if the napp_id gets a value back, that a discrepancy is generated with that value. So far it only comes back as <blank>.

Any suggestions?

[Updated on: Wed, 08 August 2007 14:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Validation Procedures/DB LINK [message #257539 is a reply to message #257536] Wed, 08 August 2007 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
My car has a problem. It doesn't go.
Please tell me how to make it go.

Please read & FOLLOW posting guidelines as stated in the STICKY post at top of this forum.

P.S.
What is "OC"?

[Updated on: Wed, 08 August 2007 10:20] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Validation Procedures/DB LINK [message #257648 is a reply to message #257536] Wed, 08 August 2007 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Dear Marco,

This forum is for questions concerning Oracle's Forms tool. Is your question an Oracle Forms' question? If so, as per the instructions in the sticky at the beginning of this forum, which version of Forms are you using and which version of Oracle's database are you using?

David
Re: Validation Procedures/DB LINK [message #257650 is a reply to message #257648] Wed, 08 August 2007 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco76
My question is about validation procedures within oracle clinical.
Re: Validation Procedures/DB LINK [message #257692 is a reply to message #257650] Thu, 09 August 2007 00:45 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I think this is something to do with a specific Oracle product. I am moving this thread to the Oracle Applications forum.

David
Previous Topic: BR100 and configuration audit tools.
Next Topic: subinentory setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 15:58:09 CDT 2024