Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » MULTI ORG FINANCIALS 11I
MULTI ORG FINANCIALS 11I [message #259465] Wed, 15 August 2007 12:32 Go to next message
LisaChere1
Is it possible to have one single set of books and multiple organizations approximately 60 orgs and hard close each org separately for instance org number 1 hard close on August 16 and org 2 hard close August 18. If so please explain and if not please explain.
Re: MULTI ORG FINANCIALS 11I [message #259671 is a reply to message #259465] Thu, 16 August 2007 04:18 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
"It depends".

If you have multiple Payables and Receivables, etc., then each org can close its Payables and Receivables separately. However, if you have a single GL, then there can only be one "hard close" for GL.

The General Ledger User Guide has two chapters which might interest you:-
Accounting For Multiple Companies Using a Single Set of Books
Accounting For Multiple Companies Using Multiple Sets of Books

Each of the applications should have a chapter dealing with period end / close. You can find all of the documentation here:- http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

If you need further information, please tell us what applications you plan to use and whether you can/will/might (not) use a single GL.

Cool HTH

David.
Previous Topic: Advance Pricing Report
Next Topic: How to print pdf report directly from Oracle Apps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 17:43:18 CDT 2024