Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Need help in barcode printing
Need help in barcode printing [message #259667] Thu, 16 August 2007 04:14 Go to next message
cklnnn

Hello guys,

Currently im doing barcode printing from Oracle applications. I have created one oracle report which consists of barcode. the report format is text. this barcode report will be submitted from oracle applications and print directly. the problem is how to map the barcode font in the barcode report in order to print it using barcode printer. im using barcode printer, SATO CT400. Do i need to install the barcode font in UNIX? if yes, can anyone here describe the steps to install it.

thanks.

Regards,
cklnnn
Re: Need help in barcode printing [message #259674 is a reply to message #259667] Thu, 16 August 2007 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Yes, I'd say that you have to install barcode font on this computer. I don't know UNIX, but - on MS Windows - this font should appear among all other fonts (such as Times New Roman, Arial, Courier, ...) in order for the report to "see" it and use it. Doing so, you'd be able to print a barcode on *any* printer (for example, HP LaserJet). Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to install fonts on UNIX operated systems.

However, as you use a specifically designed barcode printer, perhaps it can "implicitly" convert usual alphanumerics into bars; I don't know, but you might check its manual. In this case, a barcode font might not be needed at all.
Re: Need help in barcode printing [message #261628 is a reply to message #259667] Thu, 23 August 2007 03:00 Go to previous message
zerocool

this problem also happened with my project.actually we are create the report(.rdf) and should print directly using barcode printer.the report is using text format.but the printer still not working.It's have any driver need to create and attach to the printer.
Previous Topic: INV: Inventory Control - Who can Enter Misc. Transactions?
Next Topic: Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 17:46:05 CDT 2024