Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » can any one correct my interview questions and doubts
can any one correct my interview questions and doubts [message #260363] Sun, 19 August 2007 02:10
shruthy
dear members

iam placing some of my interview questions and my own doubts

pls feel free to guide me

thank in advance

1.. predefined encumbrance types in oracle are commitment and obligation

in real time do u define any additional encumbrance types. if so can u pls give me some examples

2. when i was reading oracle GL pdf user manual. for the topic GL_INTERFACE for mandatory columns segment_1, segment_2......there after segment_4 is there .............they specifically skipped segment_3 ...........and the same thing was done when they say about optional columns such as reference1,reference2 and thereafter reference4 is there ..........here also they skipped reference3 ...............is there any specific reason for skipping that third one

3. can we do import into adjusting period?......in oracle GL pdf user manuals at one place they said we can not import and at some other place they said we can import..........pls clarify me

4. if my period type is Month......can i create last day of every month as adjusting period...........if i do like this my accounting calendar will contains 24 periods..........so that when iam doing period end close process i can run "create income statement closing journals program" as well as "create balance sheet closing journals program"...........on the last day of every month .....i this manner i can do year end close process in a smooth manner..............is this procedure followed generally; in real time

5. how to handle contra account in oracle..........it means where we have supplir, who is also ours customer........at the end of every period i want to net payments to and receipts from that party

6.in implementation after preparing BP040, and BP080 .............before we start set up if we want client requirements in AIM docuemnt we have to use .............some say that here we use RD020, or some say that MD050..................some say that MD020 ................some say some other documents........pls can any one suggest me what is correct document based on AIM.............and also pls tell the usage of RD020, RD050,MD020,MD050,TE120

7. what is the purpose of TOAD ..........this is interivew question

i said purpose to run basic sql queries.....like select statements

8.can i say that GL,AP and AR are implemented with 0% customizations...........in one interview it was asked me

" how much percent of customizations do u suggest for a client?"

i said 0%. then interviewer said is it possible to implement with 0% customizations.............then i said ss if the client is willing to re-engineer their business process in tune with oracle standard functionality we can implement with 0% customizations..........but however is the area of supplier reports we may have to customize

then they asked me are there any other areas where generally oracle do not support and as a fucntional consultant i need to suggest customizations ..........

can any one pls give me some clues about other areas where we generally go for customizations

9. in AR i came across Revenue FlexField.....what does it mean

Previous Topic: Problem in Compensation Workbench Implemetation
Next Topic: Processing Constraints and Defaulting rules
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 17:43:42 CDT 2024