Home » Infrastructure » Unix » need to display sql messages to screen when running from unix shell
need to display sql messages to screen when running from unix shell [message #263694] Thu, 30 August 2007 15:03 Go to next message
debbeaver
We need to display prompts or messages from a SQL file and also allow it to ask for variables when we are running the SQL file from a UNIX shell script. They display fine when running the SQL file from SQL. But we can't get it to display when the shell script calls the SQL file. Any ideas on how to do this?
Thanks
Re: need to display sql messages to screen when running from unix shell [message #263699 is a reply to message #263694] Thu, 30 August 2007 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Post your script, maybe we can tell you what's wrong.
Don't forget to format it.

Regards
Michel
Re: need to display sql messages to screen when running from unix shell [message #263709 is a reply to message #263694] Thu, 30 August 2007 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
debbeaver
Actually, you've helped already.
I wanted to make a very simple test version of my script
so I could post it.
Once I did that, I was able to solve the problem.
The output was being redirected somewhere else.
It always helps to get back to basics.
Thanks!
Re: need to display sql messages to screen when running from unix shell [message #263786 is a reply to message #263709] Fri, 31 August 2007 00:56 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
This is one of the reasons I ask to post a test case.
Often when this is seriously done (that is posting a valid test case) the poster find the answer when he builds the example.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: how can we run sql commands from unix operating systems
Next Topic: sftp password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:51:27 CDT 2024