Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Copying menus and responsibilities to another instance
Copying menus and responsibilities to another instance [message #265554] Thu, 06 September 2007 11:31 Go to next message
daibatzu
Hello everyone, I was asked to create new responsibilities in Oracle applications for my organization. Now, it's really been a lot of work for me and I've been told that I'll have to do it all over again in the production instance.
Is there a way to get round this? By this I mean, can I copy the responsibilities I have created into the production instance. I have also created menus and submenus as part of these responsibilities and made some menu and function exclusions.
Any help would really be appreciated as the original work took me two weeks to complete.
Many thanks
Re: Copying menus and responsibilities to another instance [message #265964 is a reply to message #265554] Sat, 08 September 2007 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merlinrajesh

Dear daibatzu,

Using the FND Load tool, you can achieve this.

Regards
Merlin Rajesh
Re: Copying menus and responsibilities to another instance [message #266253 is a reply to message #265964] Mon, 10 September 2007 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daibatzu
Thanks a lot. Tried the FNDLoad tool over the weekend. It's quite easy to use as well. I just have a quick question. What if I have a menu that contains submenus, will fndload copy the submenus as well or do I have to load the submenus before the toplevel menu?
Re: Copying menus and responsibilities to another instance [message #266520 is a reply to message #266253] Tue, 11 September 2007 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merlinrajesh

Dear daibatzu,

Submenus also will be loaded if we load the main menu.

Regards
Merlin Rajesh
Re: Copying menus and responsibilities to another instance [message #266526 is a reply to message #265554] Tue, 11 September 2007 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ksankar
hi,

Take a backup (insert statement) for this. where ever and when ever you want these things just run the script.

Thx..
Sankar
Re: Copying menus and responsibilities to another instance [message #267539 is a reply to message #265554] Thu, 13 September 2007 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
appsmichael
You can use the FNDLOAD utility to copy your responsbilities and menu from one instance to the other.

For a menu with submenus and subfunctions also you can use FNDLOAD utility by specifying the Parent menu.

You can check metalink forums for the FNDLOAD script that does this.I have tried it and it works.

This worked for me:

FNDLOAD apps/apps O Y DOWNLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/afsload.lct $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/kevinmnu.ldt MENU MENU_NAME = ‘Your Menu name' - PARENT_MENU_NAME=‘Your Menu name’

Re: Copying menus and responsibilities to another instance [message #267545 is a reply to message #267539] Thu, 13 September 2007 11:52 Go to previous message
daibatzu
Thanks a lot guys. This really worked out for me. I was going to use DataLoad but could only think up tedious ways to achieve my goal.
Previous Topic: fnd_request.submit_request
Next Topic: Refund from employee
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 16:21:21 CDT 2024