Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Putting HOLDS on AP Payments
Putting HOLDS on AP Payments [message #266848] Tue, 11 September 2007 15:24 Go to next message
IT Novice
Hi all, very new to the Oracle Financials and had some questions pertaining to being able to put holds on AP payments. We have some vendors in which we only want to allow payments to after a certain level of management has approved them; thus we'd like to systematically put a hold on these payments that can only be released by certain individuals. Some questions I have are:

1. Are holds placed on individual invoices, or can they be placed on vendor accounts?
2. If able to place on a vendor account, then can individual invoices be released individually, or must the "hold" be released from the vendor account?
3. And finally, can we restrict who can release a hold in order for the payment to be made?

If anyone has any online resources that may go into detail (i.e. Oracle Financial help files) that they can share, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help!
Re: Putting HOLDS on AP Payments [message #266938 is a reply to message #266848] Wed, 12 September 2007 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAJESH.GANESUNI

Hi,

1. You can put holds for individual invoices (Action..1 --> Hold) as well as all the invices by placing hold at supplier site or headel level.
2. you can release particuar invoice if put hold at supplier header or site level.

3.Use function security to restrict the Hold function available to specific persons.

Regards

Rajesh
Re: Putting HOLDS on AP Payments [message #267247 is a reply to message #266848] Wed, 12 September 2007 16:41 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
IT Novice wrote on Tue, 11 September 2007 21:24
If anyone has any online resources that may go into detail (i.e. Oracle Financial help files) that they can share, that would be great.
You can download all of the Oracle Applications Documentation from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: AIM document
Next Topic: Encumbrance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 16:44:44 CDT 2024