Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Compiling Descriptive Flexfield After Registering Concurrent Program
Compiling Descriptive Flexfield After Registering Concurrent Program [message #267135] Wed, 12 September 2007 09:58 Go to next message
SnippetyJoe
Hi All,

In an R11 instance I'm using pl/sql api calls like

fnd_program.executable
fnd_program.register
fnd_program.add_to_group 

to register a new concurrent executable and program. After the program is registered this way I try to run it using the "Concurrent Request / Request Submission" screen (the java framework screen for submitting requests, not the Oracle Forms version) I get the following error in the last step of the process.

"The descriptive flexfield with application name TEST and name $SRS$.TESTPROG is not compiled. 
Please contact your system administrator."

How can I prevent this error from occurring? Is there some api for compiling individual flexfields that I can call at the end of my script? If not, what are the manual steps for compiling the flexfield named in the error message?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Compiling Descriptive Flexfield After Registering Concurrent Program [message #267223 is a reply to message #267135] Wed, 12 September 2007 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SnippetyJoe
Never mind. I found a fix. Running the following from the command line will compile the flexfield and prevent the error from occurring.

fdfcmp apps/apps 0 Y D 'TEST' '$SRS$.TESTPROG'

Another fix might be to run the "Compile Non-Compiled Flexfields" or "Compile All Flexfields" concurrent programs, but I have not tested these.

Re: Compiling Descriptive Flexfield After Registering Concurrent Program [message #267227 is a reply to message #267135] Wed, 12 September 2007 14:28 Go to previous message
MarcL
Yes either of those concurrent jobs will work, you should run the uncompiled one, the all could run for a significant amount of time.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 September 2007 14:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Prepayment
Next Topic: AIM document
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 15:36:43 CDT 2024