Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Payable Invoice Aging Report (merged by LF)
icon6.gif  Payable Invoice Aging Report (merged by LF) [message #265670] Thu, 06 September 2007 21:58 Go to next message
djp1976
Hello. My name is Dustin. I work for Unisys Corporation in their financial services division on their reporting department. I have 2 inquiries in which i need feedback;

1. I am using TOAD application in conjunction with our Oracle system to provide reporting. Is there any clear cut method of identifying the Oracle Tables and the columns contained within those tables? I am finding it very hard to find where speicific data and the areas that they are stored in in relationship to where the data is entered into Oracle.

2. I am trying to devise a TOAD script that will emulate the Oracle AP module report named Unisys Payables Invoice Aging Report. I am not able to see how this report constructs in Oracle. I want to be able to create and aging report in TOAD using sql. I am not very familiar with how aging buckets work and how they are applied to a date like an invoice date. Does anyone have any idea of how this can be accomplished using a toad script. And if so can you provide me with sample code and emplanation of the aging buckets.

Please send responses to dustyel@hotmail.com Thanks and regards

[Updated on: Fri, 07 September 2007 05:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TOAD SQL Questions associated with Oracle E-Business Suite [message #265701 is a reply to message #265670] Fri, 07 September 2007 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As of your first question: TOAD uses Schema Browser to display database objects (tables, views, procedures, ...). Once you open it, find a tab which will show you information you are looking for. Note that some tabs may be "hidden" (either not displayed by default or someone (you?) chose not to show them, or tabs may be positioned on a "scrollable" bar so you'd have to scroll left/right to see what's available).

"Objects contained within tables": what do you call "objects"? Tables in Oracle have columns, and those columns contain values (numeric, character, dates, LOBs, ...). Some of them may be viewed by TOAD, some may not (LOBs, for example; for those, you'll have to use an application which is capable of doing that).

I must admit that I don't understand what should "finding relative data and the areas that they are stored in" mean. What kind of data is "relative", and what are those "areas"?

If those terms are E-Business Suite related, I'm sorry - I don't know anything about it.
icon14.gif  Payable Invoice Aging Report (merged by LF) [message #266778 is a reply to message #265670] Tue, 11 September 2007 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djp1976
Hello:

I am looking to see if there is a sql script out there that would work for aging. I am trying to replicate the Payables Invoice Aging Report that is in Oracle with TOAD. Any ideas??

Please respond to dustyel@hotmail.com

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2007 11:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Acounts Payable Invoice Aging Report Script [message #266784 is a reply to message #266778] Tue, 11 September 2007 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarcL
You may want to move this to one of the Oracle Applications forums.
Payables Invoice Aging Report Script [message #266842 is a reply to message #266778] Tue, 11 September 2007 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djp1976
Hello:

I am looking to see if there is a sql script out there that would work for aging. I am trying to replicate the Payables Invoice Aging Report that is in Oracle with TOAD. Any ideas??

Please respond to dustyel@hotmail.com
Re: Acounts Payable Invoice Aging Report Script [message #267137 is a reply to message #266784] Wed, 12 September 2007 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
I've just tried to let an operator know that this thread is now in the wrong forum, should be EBS.

However, got a blank screen after I did that... Sorry if anyone received a dozen or so notifications. Lesson learned: never ever bother operators with questions silly as this Wink
AR Invoice Detail Table in TOAD [message #267214 is a reply to message #266778] Wed, 12 September 2007 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djp1976
Does anyone know what the oracle table name where the invoice details are store for AR? I am usind TOAD.

Re: Payables Invoice Aging Report Script [message #267244 is a reply to message #266842] Wed, 12 September 2007 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
djp1976 wrote on Tue, 11 September 2007 20:52
I am trying to replicate the Payables Invoice Aging Report that is in Oracle with TOAD. Any ideas??
There is probably a better way of doing this but .....

Switch on trace, then run the report, and in the job log you will see all of the SQL. Copy and paste it into TOAD.

Cool HTH

David.
Re: AR Invoice Detail Table in TOAD [message #267529 is a reply to message #267214] Thu, 13 September 2007 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
appsmichael
You can find the invoice details in the following tables:

RA_CUSTOMER_TRX_ALL --->This has the header record

RA_CUSTOMER_TRX_LINES_ALL ---->This has the lines(line item,associated tax line etc) for the header record in the above table.

link b/w RA_CUSTOMER_TRX_ALL and RA_CUSTOMER_TRX_LINES_ALL is CUST_TRX_ID

Hope this helps you.
Re: Acounts Payable Invoice Aging Report Script [message #267531 is a reply to message #267137] Thu, 13 September 2007 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
appsmichael
For finding the Aging Bucket Query,you can take out the RDF file from your apps report directory and open the rdf file in Report Builder and from the datamodel you can open the query which can be used in TOAD with some minor modifications in the query.

Hope this helps you.
Re: Acounts Payable Invoice Aging Report Script [message #267587 is a reply to message #267531] Thu, 13 September 2007 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djp1976
i not have the that kind of access to see the make up. Could you provide me with the SQL for this report or is there a sql script out there that would work to emulate the ap invoice aging report in TOAD?
Oracle Payables Invoice Aging Report again?? [message #267618 is a reply to message #266778] Thu, 13 September 2007 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djp1976
Hello. Can anyone provide me with the background SQL coding for this report in Oracle? I do not have to option to trace the report. Please advise how i can emulate in TOAD.

Second if the first is not an option. Can anyone supply me with how to write SQL for an aging report for payables? aging buckets? etc.
AR Invoice Detail Reports another inquiry?? [message #267619 is a reply to message #266778] Thu, 13 September 2007 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djp1976
IS the RA_Cust_TRX_all table the right actual tables for invoice details out of Oracle AR for TOAD. I would need to attain similar information that comes from the AR New Billing Extracts Report?
Re: AR Invoice Detail Reports another inquiry?? [message #267719 is a reply to message #267619] Fri, 14 September 2007 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Check the datamodel in eTRM on Metalink.
EBS is quite complicated, so I recommend to study the whole module's datamodel before you start writing SQL on it.

I'm not very fond of the idea of posting SQL statements behind EBS reports here. I think it's proprietary of Oracle Corporation. Reverse engineering it from you company's installation of EBS or studying the datamodel and writing your own code is one thing, posting code on a public forum is another thing. All technical documentation of EBS is on Metalink (requiring registration), contrary to the documentation of all other products. That's why I think it has another status.
Re: AR Invoice Detail Reports another inquiry?? [message #267784 is a reply to message #267719] Fri, 14 September 2007 23:47 Go to previous message
appsmichael
Yep true..I agree with Skooman....Posting the sql statment here would be wrong..Its a propreitary of Oracle Corp...thats y I suggested the above option and didnot put the sql statement from the standard report.

You can get all the table details that you need from Oracle documentation which you can d/l thro OTN or u can check the technical documentation in eTRM of metalink,if u are given the login details for metalink by your organisation.

RA_CUST_ACCT_TRX_ALL contains the invoice header information...There are many more tables that can be joined to this table depending on what details you want.

RA_CUST_ACCT_TRX_LINES_ALL contains distribution lines of invoice.

Previous Topic: Audit setup
Next Topic: any good institute in delhi ,faridabad,gurgaon for developer and apps functional OM module
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 16:19:57 CDT 2024