Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Help me to resolve this problem! (XML-20100!)
Help me to resolve this problem! [message #276451] Thu, 25 October 2007 03:32 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Dear!

When I attempt to install Oracle, I had an encountered error as "Line 14, Column 7 XML-20100 Expected EOF".

Searched many document, however, I've not found any clean solution to help me.

Have you got any idea? Please instruct me!

Thank you very much!
Re: Help me to resolve this problem! [message #276457 is a reply to message #276451] Thu, 25 October 2007 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Which Oracle Version ?
what is Your OS ?
Re: Help me to resolve this problem! [message #276458 is a reply to message #276457] Thu, 25 October 2007 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
I am sorry for my careless question.
My database is Oracle Client 10.2.0.1 (But I've not installed actually)
My OS is Windows XP.
Re: Help me to resolve this problem! [message #276461 is a reply to message #276458] Thu, 25 October 2007 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Try again
after uninstall oracle software which install partially or previously.
Re: Help me to resolve this problem! [message #276465 is a reply to message #276461] Thu, 25 October 2007 04:15 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
This is the error I've not ever seen. Searched for error in Oracle document following:
Quote:

XML-21000: invalid size string specified
Cause: An invalid size or count was passed to a DOM function.
Action: Correct the argument passed to a valid value.

And in Metalink with Note 315268.1.

Quote:

Symptoms

Deployment of an OC4J application using dcmctl fails (even Oracle sample apps) with the error ADMN-100014.

Since, dcmctl fails, the EM Console deployment functionality won't work either

Error messages like the following are logged in $ORACLE_HOME/dcm/logs/dcmctl_logs/log.xml

The "orionp" plugin provided by the "OC4J" component threw an exception while reading
configuration data.
Base Exception:
oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParseException:Expected 'EOF'.
The information provided by the "OC4J" component in the base exception may be helpful.
In addition, here are some common causes of problems:
incorrect permissions on files
configuration files are missing or invalid
oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParseException: Expected 'EOF'.

Cause
This is caused because DCM is failing due to a corrupt configuration file in the one of the OC4J instances. It can be any OC4J instance (not necessarily the one where the application is being deployed).
Solution

1. Check $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/logs/dcm-daemon~dcm-daemon~dcm~1

2. There will be errors logged mentioning the path & name of the corrupt XML file. For eg.

file:/d:/oracle/ias_10g/j2ee/OC4J_Portal/config/application.xml<Line 71, Column 1>: XML-0100: (Error) Expected 'EOF'.

As mentioned before, this xml could be in any OC4J instance but it is breaking DCM.

3. Verify this file to be a valid xml file. There should be no unwanted extra lines after the last element either.

4. Make necessary changes in the file. Save the file.

5. Try to deploy the application again. It should work now.

Actually, I need to start OC4J to run my application in client without Oracle Client, but I can not, so, when install Oracle Client, I had got the same error. I guess that is belonged to DOM (Document Object Model), but I really do not understand about DOM.

Thank you!
Previous Topic: oracle startup and shutdown
Next Topic: How release space on tablespace PERFSTAT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:51:33 CDT 2024