Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Run forms on App server (10g)
Run forms on App server [message #302047] Fri, 22 February 2008 15:53 Go to next message
Leonard Martin
Hello All
We have our Oracle App server running and I installed Oracle developer suite on my local pc.

When I create an Oracle form and run it, it opens up a browser and runs it in my local machine.
How do I deploy the form on the app server, so that I should be able to provide a link to other users and they
should be able to run the form.

And, I am also running into a problem.
When I run a form locally in my pc, it asks me to start up the OC4J instance.
When I run a report locally from my pc, it does not ask me for anything, but
the report is generated as a html on a browser.
When I call the same report from the Oracle form using Run_Report_Object, I get an error that it is unable to find the report

So, I need help to run the form and report on the app server. Our appserver is running on Linux. How do I send the form there?
and how do I compile it. And, how do I get the form calling the report?
Re: Run forms on App server [message #302049 is a reply to message #302047] Fri, 22 February 2008 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
When all else fails, you could try Reading The Fine Manuals found here!

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25221_04/index.htm
Re: Run forms on App server [message #302085 is a reply to message #302047] Sat, 23 February 2008 05:10 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
During forms development process, you have to start the OC4J instance; otherwise it won't run (unless you have installed the application server (Forms service) on your PC, but people don't do that in order to develop something). Reports, on the other hand, don't need OC4J up in order to run from the Reports Builder.

However, when calling the report from a form by the mean of RUN_REPORT_OBJECT, it is necessary to start the report server on your PC. Therefore, you'd better use WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT which will do that instead of you (i.e. "how to call a report for dummies").

Finally, read the documentation, just like Anacedent said. You might start with Forms 10g Technical Information (pay attention to the "Internet Deployment" section).
Previous Topic: Firewalls
Next Topic: opmn configuration assistant failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:11:34 CDT 2024