Oracle Fusion Architecture (OFA) is a standards-based technology reference architecture or blueprint for building applications.
Note that Fusion Architecture is not a product, and can be used without paying Oracle a cent. In fact, many companies use it to write applications that can run on Oracle's Fusion Middleware or that compliments Oracle's Fusion Applications.
Oracle Fusion Architecture is based on the following core principles:
- Model Driven: For applications, business processes and business information
- Service & Event- enabled: For extensible, modular, flexible applications and processes
- Information Centric: For complete and consistent, actionable, real-time intelligence
- Grid-Ready: Must be scalable, available, secure, manageable on low-cost hardware
- Standards-based: Must be open, pluggable in a heterogeneous environment