From Oracle FAQ
|Years before||Years after|
1990 (date unknown)
- The Bicentennial Man film is released showing Oracle's HQ buildings at Oracle Parkway, Redwood Shores, California in the background.
- Oracle 8i Release 1 (8.1.5) released.
- 11-16 April 1999 IOUG conference (Denver, CO)
- Oracle releases JDeveloper 2.0, showcasing Business Components for Java (BC4J), a set of libraries and development tools for building database aware applications.
- Oracle acquires Darwin (datamining technology)
- 14-18 November 1999 Oracle OpenWorld Conference (Los Angeles Convention Center, California, USA)
- Oracle 8i Release 2 (8.1.6) released.